Targeting foreign buyers can be a daunting task, but do it right and the world is literally at your finger tips. Sure with traditional marketing this is already possible, but in includes plenty collaborations and campaigning. But what if I told you, you can cut out the middle man and do so in a much shorter time frame? One thing that is advantageous about Digital Marketing is that you have this option. But you have to make sure to do it right or it’s literally an exercise that gets you nothing and have you throwing money to the wind.
Before we begin
There are a couple of things that you would need to know, and finding that out is the tricky part. Just like you would run a local campaign, many hours is put into having to understand what interest to use and understanding their behaviour. Selling your property to foreign buyers means you need to prepare to roll up your sleeves and get in the ring with the local market as well, but if you do things right, you’re in for a treat.
Before you begin, you’ll need to
- Market research
- Validate the market, find out if there is even interest to begin with. This can be done through many a way involving market research techniques such as understanding economic situations, buyer sentiments and interest in purchasing foreign property
- Audience research
- The pain staking part of targeting foreign buyers is that you need to understand their behaviour and interest. Often times their interest may differ and you need to get creative with your interest. You can throw in interest based on around purchasing of property, but note that what you’re effectively doing is competing with those who sells property locally to them. So you need to get creative with targeting outside of those interest, understand what kind of people would want to buy properties outside of their country.
- Building a persona
- This will help you in strategizing your ad approach, your sales pitch so to speak. It aims to give clarity as well of the audience you’ll be targeting.
- Localizing your ads
- Sure it’s easy enough to just throw out an English ad, in some cases this may work. But localizing your ads is the best way to go, we’ve done it and seen significant improvements in ad performances.
- Setup a test
- Unless you’re a billionaire looking to be a millionaire, it is ill advised to happily throw a huge marketing budget in running campaigns targeting foreign buyers. Setup a test bench, validate your research, observe the results and decide whether it is worth pursuing.
Setting up a campaign for foreign buyers, as per mentioned, is tricky. Countless hours of research and validation is in order, time consuming and expensive to execute. Luckily for you, Peasy is here to help with the power of AI and data.
- First up, let’s go with setting up your lead campaign. On Peasy, at your brand profile, click on “+Campaign”. Click lead, and press the “>” button. Enter a campaign name, and continue to the next step. Either select an existing form or create a new form, once done move to the next step. Enter you campaign duration, and move to the next step. Set your budget, and move to the next step.
- Now set your target leads here, it’s important to set you target leads here based on realistic expectations, as the AI uses this and budget to decide how aggressive it needs to be with optimisation, once done, move to the next step.
- Enter your target location, in this case, target the foreign locations that you want to target and click “Create Campaign”.
- Based on pooled data from similar campaigns targeting foreign markets. You’ll then be given recommendations as to what kinds of targeting criterias to go for. If you don’t see what you like, not an issue either, you can easily create one as well.
- In general, looking for foreign buyers who are interested in purchasing local property is rather difficult. So it is best to target high income individuals or you can target those who has family living abroad or children who are studying here from a foreign country.
- You’ll then get a media plan with estimates and projections, now it’s time for you to decide as to whether this segment of foreign buyers is worth pursuing.
- If you decide that this is worth pursuing, all you then have to do is upload your creatives and deploy the campaign
Do take note that when targeting foreign buyers, you’re very much expected to spend more than what you spend targeting local buyers. Why you may ask? The answer is simple, it all falls down to audience pool. The smaller the pool the more expensive it becomes, this is why I very much mentioned that if you feel that it is worth pursuing based on the projections provided by Peasy. Then you’re very much ready to go.
How to create lead generation campaign targeting foreign buyersDownload