Peasy Sales allows customers to continue chat conversations via email threads under the following cases.
- If no agents are available and the customer leaves a message in the chat,
- if the customer leaves the chat before the agent replies.
Along with these cases, the contact should have an email address associated with it in contact list.
Obtaining email address of contacts #
You can prompt/update customer emails into Peasy Sales through the following ways:
- Pre-chat form. If pre-chat form option is enabled, your contact will have to fill in their email address before the conversation begin.
- Email prompt. When the pre-chat form option is disabled, and contact is not identified – then your live chat’s conversation will begin with a prompt to collect the contact’s email address.
Conversation Continuity #
When an agent replies and the customer is not active on the chat widget (and the contact email is known) then:
- The contact will receive an email with conversation summary, which they can reply to continue the conversation.
- The agent receives the customer replies from email in their Peasy Sales dashboard, continued over the existing conversation thread.