WhatsApp Cloud vs BSP #
You can obtain WhatsApp API either directly from Meta (WhatsApp Cloud) or via a Meta-appointed Business Solution Provider (BSP)
|Requires business verification||Not necessary||Yes|
|Cost||As per Meta’s conversation fee||Meta’s conversation fee + BSP fee|
- Ensure that you have a Facebook Business Account. Read here to create your own Facebook Business Account
- Ensure that you have a phone number capable of receiving SMS. The phone number must not be associated with any active WhatsApp account. Please deactivate the WhatsApp account before proceeding with application
How to create a new WhatsApp Cloud Inbox #
Creating a new WhatsApp Cloud inbox will involve:
- Creating a Facebook Developer App
- Registering a new WhatsApp phone number
- Adding payment method
- Setup system user to generate access token
- Creating the inbox in Peasy Sales
- Adding the webhook to receive message on Facebook Developer App
Creating a Facebook Developer App #
- Head on over to https://developer.facebook.com
- Click on “Create App”. You will see a screen similar to the image below.
- Select Other and click “Next”. You will see a screen similar to the image below.
- Select “Business” and click “Next”. You will see a screen similar to the image below.
- Type in your App name. You can type in your company name, this App will not be visible to the public. Key in your email. IMPORTANT: Please select the Business Account that owns your Facebook Page (and Catalog if you have one), and make sure you have admin access to the Business Account. Click “Create App” when you’re ready. You should be directed to a screen similar to the image below.
- Look for “WhatsApp” card and click on the “Set up” button. You should see a screen similar to the image below.
- That’s it, you’ve created your WhatsApp Business App. Now you’re ready for the next step.
Registering a new WhatsApp phone number #
- Continuing from the earlier step; from your Facebook Developer screen – click on the “Start using the API” button similar to the image below.